Carv Customer Service Intern
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly and committed Customer Service Interns with an interest in skiing to become key members of our customer experience team for the 2020/21 season.
About Carv and Motion Metrics
Motion Metrics is the company behind Carv, the world’s first digital ski coach. We’re a London-based sports technology company that wants to improve the way skiing is taught. Carv gives users real-time coaching and feedback while they ski, based on the analysis of data collected from our super-thin pressure and motion sensing inserts that fit inside the ski boot. The inserts contain over 50 pressure and motion sensors, which relay data to our AI-powered analytics engine before sending advice through the app to the user through their headphones. The user receives coaching in the form of personalised tips, technical drills and videos to help them make the most out of every run.
Here’s what the press are saying:
“The biggest testament to Carv’s coaching abilities is that I could see my skiing improving in only a few hours.” - 5* review in Stuff Magazine
“Carv is surprisingly addictive” - Financial Times
"The speed with which real-time coaching was ironing out the wrinkles in my technique was striking. There’s no other way to get feedback quite like this. Instructors can only give you a debrief after your descent — and even then it will be based on what they suppose is going on in your boots. Carv’s coaching comes straight from the sole." - Sunday Times
About the role
After initial training, the successful applicants will take primary responsibility for all our external communication channels, working closely with the rest of the Carv team to streamline the process and maximise customer satisfaction with the product.
We are looking for outgoing, client-focused individuals, with the ability to produce high quality work both as part of a team and under their own initiative. Previous experience working in a customer-facing role would be advantageous but is not required; a knack for problem-solving is a must. The role would be ideal for a candidate who has just finished university and is looking to spend the winter season in the Alps, while also looking to get an insight into the fast-paced, young, dynamic work environment of a successful sports-tech startup.
In the role, you will:
- Work closely with the Operations team within Carv, providing a direct impact on the business from day one
- Process and respond to customer queries through all of Carv’s communications channels
- Help answer any queries customers might have before purchase
- Advise customers on the product and how they can best make use of its features
- Help customers to resolve any issues they have with the product
- Input suggestions and help devise solutions to any new problems under the customer support umbrella.
Our candidate is someone who has:
- A graduate with a good academic record, or with equivalent experience in a related field
- Friendly and articulate, and fluent in English
- An outgoing person who is organised and diligent
- A skier with a love of the great outdoors and some knowledge of ski technique and equipment
- Effective at communicating in person, over the phone and by email
- Able to form and communicate ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Happy working in close collaboration with team members, while also having the capacity to self-manage and prioritise their workload independently
- Patient and able to deal with difficult or frustrated customers in a positive and professional manner
- Persuasive and can take an enquiry from an interested customer and develop it into a sale further down the line
- Comfortable with and will thrive in a fast-moving and evolving work environment
- Computer literate, with a good knowledge of Google Docs and Sheets, as well as the confidence to get to grips quickly with our internal software systems.
London (Brixton) until the beginning of December, then either Innsbruck Austria, or London (as preferred) until the end of the internship
Between 4 months (mid-November to mid-March) and 7.5 months (mid-September to end of April), depending on the candidate
- UK National Living Wage
- Option of working from our Innsbruck office from early December onwards
- Accommodation in Innsbruck
- Innsbruck season pass
- Travel between Innsbruck and London twice
Applications for September start will close on 1st August 2020, although will remain open longer for later start dates. To apply, please send a CV and cover email (no more than 250 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.