We are looking for passionate, driven and committed Customer Service Interns with an interest in skiing to become key members of our customer experience team for the 2021/22 season.
About Carv and Motion Metrics
Motion Metrics Ltd is a London-based, sports technology scale-up with offices in London (UK), Innsbruck (Austria) and Shenzhen (China). Our first product is Carv, the world's first digital ski coach. Our smart inserts and trackers retrofit to any ski boot to measure motion (in 9-axis) and pressure data; this is then processed via our iOS or Android app to provide real time coaching.
We have worked with top-level instructors from PSIA (The Professional Ski Instructors of America), CSIA (Canadian Ski Instructors Association) & Interski to create algorithms that effectively assess ski technique. Carv gives real-time feedback through headphones to help you take your skiing to the next level through the provision of practical, skier-specific improvements.
Carv has the capacity to transform ski technique by providing one-on-one coaching for each day of skiing and we are able to take the learning of thousands of athletes and use it to improve the technique of an individual skier in fun, interactive and effective ways. Carv is pioneering a new type of sports wearable device within the fast-growing sports-tech industry. Thus far sports wearables have focused on tracking and motivation but Carv offers a teaching and coaching service, forging a new path within this sector.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a fast growing VC backed sports technology start-up in London, alongside a fantastic team of customer service and marketing experts, hardware and software engineers, who are all passionate about changing the paradigm of coaching.
Here’s what the press are saying:
“The biggest testament to Carv’s coaching abilities is that I could see my skiing improving in only a few hours.” - 5* review in Stuff Magazine
“Carv is surprisingly addictive” - Financial Times
"The speed with which real-time coaching was ironing out the wrinkles in my technique was striking. There’s no other way to get feedback quite like this. Instructors can only give you a debrief after your descent — and even then it will be based on what they suppose is going on in your boots. Carv’s coaching comes straight from the sole." - Sunday Times
About the role
We are looking for individuals to help us to continue to forge this new path within the sports-tech industry.
After two weeks of onboarding and training at our London office in Vauxhall, the successful applicants will spend time in different areas of CS (Generalist/Sales, Hardware, Software and Logistics) from mid November to mid March, gaining valuable exposure to four different areas of the business.
The successful applicants will spend up to three months (during the Hardware, Software and Generalist rotations) based in our accommodation and office in Innsbruck, the capital of the beautiful North Tyrol region and a world-renowned snowsports destination. Here, they will be provided with accommodation in our company flat in the city, with easy access to various resorts in Austria. Outside these rotations, the work will be based in our London office in Vauxhall.
In the role, you will:
- Work closely with the Operations team within Carv, providing a direct impact on the business from day one
- Be at the forefront, helping to devise solutions and suggest improvements to any problems under the customer support umbrella
- Process and respond to customer queries through all of Carv’s communications channels
- Answer incoming customer calls regarding billing issues, product queries and general customer concerns
- Impact the company’s bottom line by problem solving and turning frustrated clients into repeat customers
We are looking for outgoing, client-focused individuals, with the ability to produce high quality work both as part of a team and under their own initiative. Previous experience working in a customer-facing role would be advantageous, but is not required; a knack for problem-solving is a must. We need an enthusiastic individual who can listen to customer service issues and then offer a unique and innovative solution to each problem. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong command of the company’s customer service policies, and be well-trained in product knowledge that can be critical for offering quick and accurate assistance to customers. The role would be ideal for a candidate who has just graduated university and is looking to spend the winter season in the Alps, while also looking to get an insight into the fast-paced, young, dynamic work environment of a successful sports-tech startup.
Our candidate is someone who:
- Is friendly and articulate, and fluent in English
- Is an outgoing person that is organised and diligent
- Is effective at communicating in person, over the phone and by email
- Is able to form and communicate ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Enjoys working in close collaboration with team members, while also having the capacity to self-manage and prioritise their workload independently
- Is patient and able to deal with difficult or frustrated customers in a positive and professional manner
- Thrives in a fast-moving and evolving work environment
- Is computer literate, with a good knowledge of Google Docs and MS Office, especially Powerpoint and Excel, as well as the confidence to get to grips quickly with our internal software systems
- A skier with a love of the great outdoors and some knowledge of ski technique and equipment
- Conversational language skills
The internship will be based in our London office a short walk from Vauxhall. Assuming no COVID-related travel restrictions, the internship will include three months in Innsbruck, Austria during the ski season. The “heart of the Alps”, Innsbruck is a vibrant and well-connected university town with ski resorts all over the local area - the perfect mountain base.
Five months, from 1st November 2021 until 31st March 2022
- Gain hands-on experience in a fast-growing tech start-up
- UK National Living Wage
- Opportunity of working from our Innsbruck office for three months between mid-November and end of March; subsidised accommodation in the company flats in Innsbruck
- Innsbruck season pass
- Travel to/from Innsbruck when required for work
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.