Product Marketing Manager
Carv is creating a new paradigm of sports technology with the world's first digital ski coach. Learn with real-time audio instruction, AI-driven data analytics and content developed with the best instructors in the world.
We've been growing fast, doubling our business every year. In fact, Carv is already the biggest ski school by hours taught, and we're only just getting started...
We're looking for ambitious and passionate people to join us in our mission to build the world's best sports coach.
Customers often think of Carv as a wearable device that coaches them on snow. However, we are only at the start of what the Carv proposition can be. Moving to a membership has created a very powerful alignment between Carv’s goals and our members’ goals - we succeed if we keep our members improving and having more fun every season.
Our initial launch included some exciting membership features (instructor live chat, webinars, fitness classes, masterclasses, community). These showed a range of promising avenues to enhance member value and engagement with Carv, in addition to the core on-snow functionality.
We need an incredible PMM to help us exceed our customers expectations every winter by crafting a high-retention membership offering.
As PMM, you sit at the intersection between the customers, the marketing team, and the product team. Your role is to understand our members better than anyone in the org. You will be responsible for working out the strengths and weaknesses of our current membership offering, and designing interventions to improve the value our members get from Carv.
To do this you will be conduct research, test ideas, and work with the PMs and designers to create features that drive retention.
You will also be designing and implementing CRM and marketing strategies to support retention, ensuring Carv can create an incredible membership experience for our skiers.
You will be managing a team: the Community Manager (and their direct report), however there is scope to grow your team over the next few seasons
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Understanding our members and their attitude to Carv
- Refining our membership product, positioning and price
- Working with product team to design an incredible member experience
- Shaping the community strategy
- Creating an engaging marketing strategy across the lifecycle of a Carv customer (including working with a CRM system to execute this)
- Working with our channel leads to execute your ideas in each marketing channel
You’re a great fit if:
- You are passionate about skiing
- You have experience in strategic Marketing or Product roles (e.g. Marketing Manager, Product Manager)
- You've been accountable for commercial goals (e.g. revenue, retention, growth) and can clearly demonstrate metrics of success
- You can show how you’ve championed your customers in an organisation
- You have experience in user research and market analysis methods
- You have experience with web / product analytics tools (Google Analytics, Firebase etc) and can talk about how you've measured experiments with quantitative approaches.
- Excellent communication skills
- Management experience preferred
Could be based in any of the below:
(Our main offices are London and Innsbruck, but we have a flexible working policy)
- London, United Kingdom
- USA, Canada
- Tirol, Austria
- DACH region
Work with some of the most passionate people you'll ever come across
Competitive salary (depending on experience) with equity options
6 monthly pay reviews
International travel and regular on snow days (it is encouraged!)
Free use of company flat in Innsbruck
Please forward your application with CV, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org