Carv Rental Project Manager
We are looking for a skier who has a strong experience in sales and project management to lead the development of a new business division focused on the winter sports rental market.
Our product is a digital ski coach - Carv. By leveraging the latest in sensing technology and machine learning, Carv, teaches you better skiing technique to improve your time on the slopes. The Carv hardware retrofits to any ski boot to measure pressure and motion, data is then processed by your smartphone to deliver detailed in-app analysis and real-time coaching through headphones.
About Carv and Motion Metrics
Carv has been used by 10,000s of skiers and Carv’s unique teaching experience has a had an awesome reception from users and the press alike - to quote just two:
- “The biggest testament to Carv’s coaching abilities is that I could see my skiing improving in only a few hours.” - 5* review in Stuff Magazine
- “Carv is surprisingly addictive” - Financial Times
Looking to the future, we envisage a new channel for Carv - rental. Currently all of our customers have purchased the device through our website to fit to their boots, but the rental market accounts for 80% of skiers on the mountain.
The ideal candidate will be a skier who has a strong experience in sales and project management to lead the development of our new Carv rental division.
About the role
In this role, you will take ownership of the Carv rental programme, overseen by our Head of Operations. The plan is to run pilots for the next two seasons, before scaling up over the following years. We are looking for outgoing, relationship-focussed individuals, with the ability to produce high quality work both as part of a team and under their own initiative. The role would suit someone with a love of skiing, who would relish the chance to take significant ownership of a project, and would enjoy working in the fast-paced, young, dynamic work environment of a successful sports-tech startup.
In the role, over the first 12 months, you will:
- Understand the ski rental market - drivers, current practice, price-points - and create the product offering
- Find ~3 appropriate partners, probably in France, for a rental pilot for 2020/21 season, including negotiating commission
- Before the season, work with partners to adapt the model, including optimum price, how to market Carv to their customers, and how to fit within their current paradigm and supply chain
- During the season, work with the partners, likely in resort, addressing pain-points for customers, partners and Carv
- Consolidate full learning for 2nd season, assessing types of companies best placed for initial expansion, refining the product offering, and planning for future testing
- Start 2nd season preparation, finding new partners for extended pilot in France & USA
Our candidate is someone who has:
- An outgoing person who is organised and diligent, and fluent in English
- Well-versed in the French ski market - how resorts, chalet companies, online rental companies and rental shops work
- Entrepreneurial - excited by starting something new from scratch
- A strategic product thinker - has the ability to assess product offering from the perspectives of Carv, rental companies and customers
- Able to sell the Carv concept and win partners to work with us
- Experienced at relationship building - turn partners into strong advocates and work with them to enhance our offer
- Creative - hunt for improvements and solutions to improve the offering
- Happy working in close collaboration with team members, while also having the capacity to self-manage and prioritise their workload independently
- Comfortable with and will thrive in a fast-moving and evolving work environment
Preferably London (Brixton) until December, but with possibility for full remote working. Likely in France for the season before returning to the London office in the spring.
- £35-55k, depending on experience, with potential for options
- Gear budget for work-related / enhancing purchases
- Option to work from Innsbruck office, and use of Carv’s accommodation there
To apply, please send a CV and cover email (no more than 250 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.