Carv is creating a new category of sports technology by redefining the way skill-based sports are taught with cutting-edge hardware, real-time audio instruction, AI-driven data analytics and content curated by the best instructors in their industries.
Our first product focuses on skiing and was launched in 2016 after a record breaking Kickstarter campaign. Carv’s smart inserts retrofit to any ski boot to measure pressure and motion, data is then processed by your smartphone to deliver turn-by-turn coaching through your headphones and a breakdown of your technique in our app.
We are looking for someone who is product obsessed to lead the development of Carv as we continue to scale and cement our leading position in digital coaching.
As the Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing the vision and strategy of the product, with the aim to create a world-class coaching experience for our users. You will be part of a small and focused design team that is working at the forefront of digital ski coaching; aiming to understand the needs of skiers and rethink the traditional methodology behind learning ski technique.
At Carv you will:
- Work directly with the CEO to help shape the future of the product strategy through design, and communicate this vision to the design and product teams
- Work as a hybrid generalist-IC, while also managing and growing the small design team with a focus centered on coaching and the nuances behind learning theories.
- Help take entire product features from concept to completion: moving fluidly between high-level concepting, wireframes, product design, user-interface and interaction design, visual design, storytelling, and prototyping
- Work with our data science team and in-house ski coaches to identify and develop the most powerful Carv features that deliver maximal improvements in user ski technique
- Solve challenges associated with presenting data and coaching instruction to the user whilst in a mountain environment
- Direct our UX researcher, looking into innovative applications of gaming methodology to incorporate into Carv’s digital coaching platform.
- Work closely with our UX/UI Designer to develop, test and deliver new concepts
- Work cross-functionally with leadership, product, engineering, and marketing teams to shape and help execute the company’s product and design strategy, and incorporate their input into design work
- Operate flexibly across different types of projects: sometimes you’ll lay the broad groundwork to set others up for success, and others you’ll provide exceptional hands-on execution along with the rest of the team
- 5+ years overall experience
- Passionate about skiing
- Experience leading a design team
- Experience designing mobile apps
- A deep understanding of Product Design and User Research processes and deliverables.
- Proficiency with common digital design and prototyping tools (Figma, Photoshop, etc.).
- Technical Computer Science experience
- Experience at designing mobile applications in either the Sports/Gaming/Educational sectors
- London or Innsbruck
- £50-80k, depending on experience, with potential for options
- Gear budget for work-related / enhancing purchases
- Option to work from Innsbruck office, and use of Carv’s accommodation there
To apply, please send a CV and cover email (no more than 250 words) to email@example.com.