Carv is creating a new category of sports technology by redefining the way skill-based sports are taught with cutting-edge hardware, real-time audio instruction, AI-driven data analytics and content curated by the best instructors in their industries.
Our first product focuses on skiing and was launched in 2016 after a record breaking Kickstarter campaign. Carv’s smart inserts retrofit to any ski boot to measure pressure and motion, data is then processed by your smartphone to deliver turn-by-turn coaching through your headphones and a breakdown of your technique in our app.
We are looking for someone who is both skiing obsessed and an experienced UX Researcher to join our design team with a shared goal to create a world-class coaching experience for our users.
As the UX Researcher you will play a vital role in our design team, supporting the innovation in our product through gathering detailed customer insights, helping to effectively and efficiently deliver powerful features to Carv’s digital coaching platform. You will work directly with our Product Manager and UX/UI designer to drive forward product and cement Carv’s position as leaders in digital coaching.
At Carv you will:
- Working with a small agile design with input from the CEO
- Lead critical research efforts and conduct multiphase studies in-person and on-snow.
- Produce a research roadmap that will inform projects as well as business opportunities
- Source participants for user research and testing and handle logistics and schedules around live testing.
- Conduct user testing on prototypes, beta, and finished products and features.
- Conduct focus groups and 1-on-1 video calls with existing and potential customers to uncover user behaviour patterns
- Own and expand upon existing user personas to help ensure feature and business development decisions are anchored to detailed understandings of our customers
- Own our automated and manual customer survey initiatives
- Work with the data science and software teams to understand analytics data and move the accumulation of user data forward within the company
- 3+ years overall experience
- Passionate about skiing
- Proven leadership experience in advocating User Research across teams
- Experience writing and conducting user interviews
- Experience with remote and in-person user testing methodologies
- Experience in reporting on user testing results in a concise and actionable way
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- Ability to act autonomously
- Experience analysing user interactions with consumer electronics
- Experience working in the Sports, Gaming, Educational or other related sectors
- Experience and/or interesting in the latest gaming techniques
- London or Innsbruck
- Competitive salary
- Gear budget for work-related / enhancing purchases
- Option to work from Innsbruck office, and use of Carv’s accommodation there
To apply, please send a CV and cover email (no more than 250 words) to email@example.com.