Carv is creating a new category of sports technology by redefining the way skill-based sports are taught with cutting-edge hardware, real-time audio instruction, AI-driven data analytics and content curated by the best instructors in their industries.
Our first product focuses on skiing and was launched in 2016 after a record breaking Kickstarter campaign. Carv’s smart inserts retrofit to any ski boot to measure pressure and motion, data is then processed by your smartphone to deliver turn-by-turn coaching through your headphones and a breakdown of your technique in our app.
At Carv you will:
- Help to develop supervised learning/semi-supervised learning models that can detect skiing turn type, surface conditions & skier ability.
- Use unsupervised learning to explore and understand our 2TB dataset of skiing data.
- Help to characterise skiing ability into metric form.
- Plan & execute high quality on-mountain dataset generation.
- Plan and organise on-mountain testing for our algorithms & models.
- Help to expose data science findings to the team & the public through dashboards & blogs.
- Develop reusable data pipelines to keep our datasets up to date.
- Help to optimise feedback given to our skiers by developing recommendation systems.
- Help to deploy & monitor models & algorithms in production.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning and/or statistics.
- Excellent general purpose programming in python
- Experience with the classic ML/Data Science python packages: numpy, pandas, sklearn, scipy, etc
- Experience with time series data
- Tensorflow or PyTorch experience
- Skiing experience
Ski coaching experience
Contributions to the open source community
- London or Innsbruck
- UK National Living Wage
- Option of working from our Innsbruck office
- Use of our accommodation in Innsbruck
To apply, please send a CV and cover email (no more than 250 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.