Growth Marketing Manager
Innsbruck, Austria or London, UK
We’re on the hunt for a Growth Marketing Manager to join our tight-knit team in Innsbruck or London. If you have a track record in full-stack marketing with an e-commerce background and love skiing as much as we do, then read on!
At MotionMetrics, we’re working to create digital sports coaching experiences. Our first product is Carv, a digital skiing coach that blends hardware, software and real-time audio instruction to teach people the sport of skiing - a world first across sports.
Carv is the world’s first ski product that teaches you how to improve ski technique. It’s the ideal companion for any skier who wants to perfect their skiing. After breaking the Kickstarter sports wearables record in 2016, Carv launched in 2017 and has since coached thousands of skiers. Developed alongside Olympians and approved by The Professional Ski Instructors of America, Carv gives skiers an overall Ski:IQ™ which compares your ability against the rest of the Carv community, allowing skiers to compete with family, friends and even the pros.
After growing sales 2.5x over the last year, we’re looking for a growth marketing manager who can help us accelerate growth through the 2019/2020 season.
Here’s what the press are saying
“Carv is surprisingly addictive” - Financial Times
“The biggest testament to Carv’s coaching abilities is that I could see my skiing improving in only a few hours.” - 5* review in Stuff Magazine
"The speed with which real-time coaching was ironing out the wrinkles in my technique was striking. There’s no other way to get feedback quite like this. Instructors can only give you a debrief after your descent — and even then it will be based on what they suppose is going on in your boots. Carv’s coaching comes straight from the sole." - Sunday Times
In the role, you will
- Understand deeply the customer lifecycle and identify opportunities for growth and optimization
- Run marketing campaigns (Facebook, Google Ads) and other growth initiatives end-to-end: you will design experiments, develop campaign strategy, and drive execution of the campaign through to completion
- Investigate and test new channels to communicate with our existing customers
- Manage your analytics stack to measure the impact of each campaign, and develop ways to scale
- Own and operate Carv’s marketing budget and grow Carv’s brand
- Grow brand presence through social media and all other comms channels
- Support Global PR activities
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering to meet ambitious growth targets
- Be required to do everything yourself with limited resources (beyond interns) for now.
- Have scope to hire/outsource as soon as the economics make sense. Opportunity to build your own team
Our candidate is someone who
- BA/BS with at minimum 5-7 years of post-university work experience
- Report directly to the CEO
- A strong background in a strategic marketing or product marketing role
- A love of data and can analyze a marketing funnel; you can identify and size different growth opportunities and the various ways to meet them
- The ability to think strategically and develop comprehensive, data-driven marketing plans
- First-hand experience with email marketing, and get excited about things like subject lines and calls to action
- A creative approach
- An energetic and willing attitude
- Experience working cross-functionally
- The ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations for senior executives
- A hungry, infectious personality: we’re looking for someone determined and able to win
- Experience in e-commerce marketing, with exposure to both small & medium-size businesses
- A person who finds a fast-moving, unpredictable and constantly evolving work environment to be buckets of fun.
- A skier with a love of the great outdoors.
- Hands on PR experience, or experience in managing a PR agency
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Video editing/creation skills
- Connections in the industry
- Experience in using Shopify and Amazon.
- Can develop graphics using photoshop/illustrator.
Full time, immediate start available.
Competitive with meaningful equity.