Phone Compatibility with Carv
Carv is compatible with any iPhone that has a minimum of iOS 13 installed, though we recommend using the most up-to-date version of iOS.
Carv requires a minimum of Android 8.0 to run, and your phone must support Bluetooth 4.2. It is also recommended that you use a phone which has a barometer in order for Carv to function most effectively. Some Android devices need to have Battery Whitelist or App locking enabled when using Carv. These include some Huawei, OnePlus, Oppo, Realme, Samsung and Xiaomi models.
Carv requires GPS service and a barometer is also strongly recommended. Other devices which have these features should also be able to run Carv, but we do not guarantee compatibility with any devices other than those specified explicitly.
Whichever device you are using, ensure that you give the app permission to use location and that Bluetooth is switched on while using Carv.
Android Compatibility Testing
We have now tested over 50 of the most popular Android devices to assess their compatibility with Carv.
When testing the following Android models, no problems were detected:
- Google - Pixel 4a, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel XL
- Huawei - P9, P30
- LG - G7 ThinQ
- Motorola - G6, G 5G Plus, G5
- Nokia - 7.2, 8
- One Plus - Nord, 6
- Samsung - Galaxy Note S8, S8, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A70, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy A21s
- Sony - Xperia XZ Premium, Sony Xperia XZ2, Sony Xperia XZ
- Xiaomi - Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 8 Pro, MI A2 lite
If your model is not on this list or the lists below, it does not mean that it is not compatible. In testing, we have chosen a range of phones to try and give us a good indication of which variances work well and which have problems. If your phone is a previous generation of one of the phones listed above, we would not anticipate any issues using Carv with your phone.
The following models require battery whitelist settings to be enabled and, where possible, app locking in order for Carv to function effectively:
- Huawei P20 Pro - Battery Whitelist
- OnePlus 5T - Battery Whitelist & App lock
- Oppo A9 - Battery Whitelist & App lock
- Oppo AX7 - Battery Whitelist & App lock
- Oppo Find X2 Lite - Battery Whitelist & App lock
- Oppo Reno Z - Battery Whitelist & App lock
- Realme X2 Pro - Battery Whitelist & App lock
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Battery Whitelist
- Xiaomi Poco F1 - Battery Whitelist & App lock
- Xiaomi Mi 9 - Battery Whitelist & App lock
- Xiaomi Mi 8 - Battery Whitelist & App lock
Battery Whitelist & App Locking
We transmit data from your Carv trackers to your phone 20 times per second over Bluetooth. The following devices have been shown to be unable to meet this demand, and therefore we do not recommend using Carv with these models:
- Samsung A12 and other similarly priced Samsung phones
- Huawei P30 lite
- Nokia 1 Plus
- Honor 8X
For more information on Battery Whitelist and App Locking please see this support article.
The following phone models are also incompatible with Carv due to a Bluetooth bug:
- Moto g8 range phones
- Moto g30
- Samsung Galaxy A5
- LG V20
To read more about Android data transmission please click here.
The fastest way for us to help you is through the Carv App. From here we can help you with any questions or issues you have by reviewing your session data and providing troubleshooting steps directly in the App.
Alternatively get in touch with us via Live Chat below. Our agents work from 9am-10:30pm GMT (9am - 5:30pm ET and 9am - 2:30pm PST), 7 days a week.
For purchase or product assistance, please contact us through the app as it allows us to support you more efficiently.
If you would prefer to email: email@example.com
For business and partner enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For career and application queries: email@example.com
+44 (0) 20 3286 6644
9am - 10:30pm (GMT), 7 days a week
+1 917 675 3184
9am - 5:30pm (ET) and 9am - 2:30pm (PST), 7 days a week